Are background checks required?

Programs, events, and camps serving minors must perform background checks on all staff dealing directly with underage populations. PECs will be asked to certify that they have indeed done so with a reputable background check vendor and may be audited to ensure compliance. For more information, visit Mason’s background investigations page.

How do I initiate a scheduling request through University Events?

University Events schedules space for programs, events, and camps seeking to use university programmable space and, for a fee, can provide other support services. Visit the University Events website for information on how to initiate a scheduling request.

Where can I find information about housing?

Programs, Events, and Camps seeking overnight accommodations at Mason should contact Housing and Residence Life.

How do camps access guest Wi-Fi?

Programs, Events, and Camps hosting visitors often seek wireless access to Mason networks for their guests. Visit the ITS website for Guest Network Access information.

Are parking services available?

Programs, Events, and Camps hosting off-campus visitors need to arrange for the visitors’ parking needs. Moreover, if a PEC will be using buses or drop off and pickup points for PEC attendees at Mason, they must coordinate these efforts through Parking Services. A Special Event Validation Request is available here.

How do camp staff and parents sign up for emergency alerts?

What resources are provided by Environmental Health and Safety?

Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) offers several resources, including the Temporary Structure Guide and Temporary Structure Permit Application, that allows events to set up tents, stages and other temporary structures. They offer fire extinguisher training, crowd management guidance, and have an approval process for those PECs that need EHS to approve their PEC.

Do we need to complete a Camp Emergency Operations Plan (EOP)?

All PECs are urged to complete a Camp Emergency Operations Plan using this template.